May 2, 2010

April - In Pictures

April was a fun month for us and I've actually been trying to take more pictures to show it! Lisa and Scott came the week before spring break. It was really nice to see family. They treated us to my FAVORITE restaurant: Tucanos :-) They also brought my old foosball table back. I forgot my camera when we went out to dinner, so unfortunately I do not have pictures of their visit, but here is the foosball table:


The next week was my spring break. GLORIOUS! I needed it so much. My first day off I decided to be crafty. I used to love doing crafts, but I just don't feel I have the time anymore. We moved our desktop computer into our family room a while ago and our second bedroom is now our game room. I wanted some kind of game room sign, but couldn't find one. So, I decided to make one. Here is the result:


Also, Martin and Trish came down to visit. We had a great time and are glad they are relatively close to us. We played lots of board games! We love to share our addiction with others :-) Jirik and I have lived in Utah for a while now without any family, so it really means a lot to us when we get to visit with family from either side. We are looking forward to hopefully moving closer to family within the next year or two.


The week after spring break, Seth (one of Jirik's old roomates) and his wife stayed with us for a few days. They also treated us to Tucanos with some other mutual friends, so April was pretty happy for me food-wise :-)


At the end of April we went on a quadruple date. We went bowling and then came back to our place to play a couple games. Jirik and I used to go bowling all the time when we were dating and when we lived in the basement apartment our first year of marriage because that was one of the only things within walking distance. We don't go very often now, and it's been about 2 years. It was really fun to go out and do something. We play games several times a week, but it's nice to go out every once in a while. And here's a shout-out to Paul and Jessie: without them I doubt we would have contact with other humans besides at work. We play games with them at least every weekend. Here are pictures from the date:

So that was our April! Now we are in May and I'm counting down the days! May means testing and teaching the end-of-year dance for the festival, and these are not my favorite times :-( I have decided to teach summer school to make a little extra money, but I still have all of July free. I seriously can't wait until July! I want to read some books, gets things ready for next school year, dream about houses (I call myself "house hungry," you know how most girls are baby hungry, I really want a house), watch HGTV, and just relax. We haven't decided if we'll be able to visit family or not, but that would be fun too.

Here's hoping May flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home