October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

I love Halloween. I'm not sure what it is, but it's my favorite holiday to decorate for. This year I decked out our apartment with spooky decor. I think it looks pretty amazing. Cameron would love it :-) I can't wait until I have a house so I can add outdoor decorations.


This month Jirik went to the doctor because his gluten free diet was no longer helping him. The doctor put him on some medicine that is helping him and we can eat gluten again! At least for now... 
I have not really baked in over a year, because gluten-free baking was hard and expensive. So with gluten now a "safe food" I made lots of ghoulish goodies this month. I actually love to bake and cook, I just don't have the time to do it often. Here are some of my creations:

 
On Friday we had a Halloween parade at school. I was tired of being a cow, so this year I opted for a pirate. I really wanted Jirik to dress up with me, so the good husband that he is, he dressed up as Davy Jones (from Pirates of the Caribbean). He was a hit with the kids! He was a good sport as my students mauled at him most of the day. He had told them that the mask was his new face, so they were constantly trying to prove him wrong. It was a fun day.



That night we met up with Paul and Jesse (also dressed up as pirates) and went to Nickel City. We got addicted to a new game and won lots of tickets, I mean treasures.....Arrrrrgh. We realized the games were awesome, but the prizes not so much. So we found a couple kids to give them to. One little boy (who I'm pretty sure was scared of us) we gave 1300 tickets. I'm glad we were able to make his night. And just think of the stories he can tell at school on Monday, haha. Our night of treasure seeking left us hungry so we went to In-and-Out. We then came back to our place and played the board game Pirate's Cove.




Saturday we had a lazy day and played games and watched a scary movie together. Overall, it's been a great Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home