November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

 Jirik & I stayed here for Thanksgiving. We opted out of doing the huge, traditional meal. We just grabbed some of our favorites and focused on relaxing. I have to say, it was wonderful! We were able to sleep in and spend lots of time together every day. I usually spend too much time on work stuff and don't spend as much time with Jirik as I would want, so it was nice to have the time with each other. We didn't do any super early morning Black Friday sales this year, but I did head to Gap because everything was 50% off. I also got my hair done (it had been almost a year and a half... it was needed!). I went pretty dark this time. I think I might prefer it light, but it is a nice change. 

As always with Thanksgiving, my mind turns more to the things in life I'm grateful for. We are nowhere near where I thought we would be.  I think I expected we would be doing the house and kid thing by now, but that's just not in the cards for us yet. Even though I thought I'd be further in my life plan, I realize that we are doing alright and have a lot to be grateful for. I'm thankful for the support of both of our families. We are really blessed to each have caring parents and wonderful siblings. I am soooo thankful for my job. We pretty much couldn't live without it. I have no doubt that Jirik will be able to find a great job for him and I think this experience will bring us closer. I will now understand how he feels after a super long day at work and he will understand what it's like to stay home. I have to say, I am so grateful for Jirik. He's always trying his best to find a job to support us so I can get along with "my plan" and he is so sweet to me. When I went to Gap on Black Friday he came with me and let me pile all the clothes on him that I wanted to try on. He always puts my wants and needs above his own. I live a very blessed life.

It's been a great 5 day weekend, but I know it's going to make this week seem so long! Knowing I'll be going home in 3 1/2 weeks will hopefully help me push through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

previous Next home